Overall Program Goals
- Upon completion of the program, the graduate will demonstrate competence in the various clinical disciplines integral to the practice of general dentistry in private and community based dental clinics.
- The graduate will be competent to fully evaluate the patient’s systemic and oral health, providing quality dental care based upon a well planned and well-sequenced treatment plan.
- The graduate will be competent to rationally judge the complexity of proposed care, and elect specialty referral when indicated and appropriate.
- The graduate will be competent to take complete responsibility for the patient’s comprehensive dental needs and coordinate treatment when other medical or dental health-care providers are involved.
- The graduate will be competent to enter the dental profession, having a sound appreciation of dental ethics.
- The graduate will be competent to deliver dental care in a safe and hazard-free environment for the patient and staff.
- The graduate will be competent in the area of practice management/administration, with insight into personnel issues, contracts for service, third party payment, business plans, staff development, and office management.
Important Information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended the 2 year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD-Hialeah) program can be found at this webpage. This information is provided in accordance with U.S. Department of Education regulations.